17 January 2013

Bon Iver crushed my soul, and then pieced it back together

I don't know why I stopped myself from listening to Bon Iver (actually, I do know what stopped me, but I'm ashamed to admit the reason), but I'm glad that "Deception" (which you should definitely check out because it stars Meagan Good, and even though I hate on her so much, it's only because she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the good pleasure of seeing) played this song in the background. It's so haunting. The vocals annoy me at times, but they are only a tiny piece of what calls to me from this song. The lyrics and the melody stir up so much pain, but then cradle me through tears. The song is just perfect (the concept of perfection is abstract and varies depending on the opinion of each person). Here's a link to the song in question, The Wolves (Act I & II). I hope, if this is your first time listening to it, that it touches you in a similar fashion. And if this is a repeat for you, I hope you saw the beauty, and find yourself wanting to experience it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment