16 January 2013

Morning thoughts

So...I have completely given up for the moment on the self reflection. I've had too much drama going on in my life (mostly caused by my male parental unit), and just haven't felt up to writing anything. This morning though, I really had to get this little bit off of my chest. It's just my thoughts at this time, nothing really serious just a bit of morning rambling. If you're still checking on my blog regularly, thanks, you lovely wonderful nugget of joy. If you're just randomly/sporadically checking, thanks, you lovely wonderful nugget of joy. ;) Bright and happy Wednesday morning to you all!

Cheers,
Yvonne

When faced with my mortality and ageing, I'm not afraid of looking old or dying, I'm just afraid of the pain that comes along with age.
Even when we see older people that still seem "sprightly," we forget that they have aches and pains as well. Pain is my only true fear, all others are merely an extension of it. I'm afraid of spiders because I'm afraid of the pain that comes with poison, I'm afraid of heights because I'm afraid of the pain in falling, I'm afraid of relationships because I'm afraid of the pain of rejection. Pain is what keeps me here and it's been my constant companion, always hovering behind me, waiting for me to make the wrong move. But pain is also patient and misunderstood at times. While we think it is so very harmful and one-dimensional, we forget that pain can heal, pain can motivate, and, most importantly, pain can teach. I know that I have to face my fear in order to truly move forward in life. However, it's a scary, and oft times daunting, endeavour to meet your nightmares head on, but in order to grow, one must steadfastly do so....well at least sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment